You probably all know how an iceberg – a huge block of ice floating in the coldest seas – is made. Given that the density of ice is around 920 kg/m3 and the density of sea water is around 1025 kg/m3, approximately 90% of the volume of an iceberg remains hidden under the surface of the water, while the other 10% remains visible as it hasemerged.
Now, bending the laws of physics using imagination, let’s imagine that this iceberg can be overturned, with the smallest part below water level and the largest part completely emerged and visible.
Let’s now try to make a further effort of imagination and associate the concepts of “innovativeness” and “reliability” respectively to the immersed part – remember that it is the smallest one because in our exercise the iceberg is overturned – and to the emerged part, the largest, of our strange iceberg.
Now it should all be a little clearer, it’s a question of Innovation Management, physics has nothing to do with it, not even ice.